Post Jobs and Internships
Online Job and Internship Listing Service
To post a job or internship online, the University of San Francisco is now partnering with Handshake, a modern platform for college recruiting.
How to Post a Job or Internship
- If you already have a Handshake account, please make sure you have selected University of San Francisco as a partner school. Log in to Handshake. If you don't have a Handshake account, please register first.
- Start by clicking Post a Job from your home dashboard.
- You will now be asked to complete 4 steps: Job Basics, Job Details, Job Preferences, and Schools to post the job to.
- Complete each step and click the Next button.
- Once you’ve completed the Schools step, choose Create on the bottom navigation to create and review your job.
- Click here to see a step-by-step tutorial on how to post a job.
- Your free job or internship listing will be posted to USF students on the online job and internship board. We’ll also post your internship on the UCAN Internship Exchange listing board for student access.
What To Include In An Internship Listing
- Brief description of company
- Detailed description of internship, including position title
- Number of hours per week (typically 10-20), full time in summer
- Duration of internship
- Qualifications (major, class year, experience, skills)
- Compensation (hourly rate). Note: minimum wage (currently $15.00/hour in San Francisco, $12.00/hour in California, $7.25/hour Federal) and above is recommended. If considering an unpaid internship, please adhere to the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling: as long as internships are designed chiefly to further young people's knowledge in a particular field, interns do not have to be paid. If considering the option to gain academic credit for an internship experience, please note in the majority of the cases students must pay tuition fees for the credit out-of-pocket.
- Contact information/how to apply (e-mail, phone, fax, mail)
- Any other perks, work environment, training opportunities, free food, USF alumni on staff, etc.
To ask a question about posting internships, please contact: email@example.com.
Try Handshake to Post a Job or Internship