University of the Best City Ever
Freshman admission to USF is competitive, and the admission process takes into consideration a variety of factors. In addition to your school transcripts and test scores, we consider your involvement outside of the classroom, recommendations from those who know you best, and your interests and personality through your essay and answers to our short questions.
Consider your options for applying to USF and select the one that is best for you.
- Early Decision allows you to show us that USF is your first choice. Early decision is binding, which means that if you are admitted to USF, you agree to enroll, and withdraw all other college applications.
- Early Action is great for you if you are confident that your grades and test scores, as they stand at the beginning of your senior year, best represent your academic history.
- Regular Action allows you more time to create the most compelling application possible and to submit the strongest academic credentials as we take in to account your first semester, senior year grades when assessing your academic standing.
Submit a completed Common Application along with the application fee by the application deadline.
You may apply as soon as you begin your last year of secondary school, even before you take the required standardized tests. Applications for admission are available beginning in August of the year prior to the year in which you would enter USF.
Have all supplementary materials sent directly by your high school or testing agency. A completed application includes each of the items below submitted by the application deadline:
- High School Transcript: Showing grades from 9th through 11th grade.
- Fall Senior Grades: Required of Regular Action applicants and any Early Decision or Early Action applicant who is deferred.
- Early Decision Agreement: Required only for Early Decision applicants. You must invite your parent and counselor to affirm the Early Decision Agreement.
- School Report
- Academic Recommendation: One recommendation from your school counselor or a teacher in a core academic subject.
- SAT or ACT: Required of all freshman applicants. These scores should be sent directly to USF by the testing agency.
- English Proficiency: If English is not your native language, you are required to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).
CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will contain your ID which is needed to create an account to check your application status. For security reasons, you will receive a second email containing your password.
We recommend you periodically check your application status to ensure that all materials for your application have been received. Please note that due to heavy volume during January and February documents can take a few extra days to process.
"My Best USF memory was meeting friends in my freshman residence hall and sharing great memories!"