Awards & Recognition
- USF was listed as a Tier One National University in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report, was ranked 3rd in student diversity, and was 12th in the percentage of international students, among 311 national universities.
- For the eighth straight year, USF was named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- USF is ranked 3rd among the nation’s 1,581 4-year private nonprofit colleges and universities regarding racial and ethnic diversity, by The Chronicle of Higher Education, Almanac 2018-19.
- In 2016, The Washington Monthly ranked USF as 30th out of 297 national universities on a combined measure of the number of staff and students supporting community service.
- The Princeton Review ranked USF 4th on the “College City Gets High Marks” list and made the list of the top-four year colleges and universities in the West in 2018, based on surveys of students who attended the schools.
- Forbes Magazine ranked USF 19th on its 2015 list of the nation’s most entrepreneurial universities by calculating each school’s entrepreneurial ratio: the number of students and alumni who started their own company relative to the school’s total student body.
- Payscale ranked USF 12th in the nations in terms of salary potential for students who earn a degree in social sciences in its 2015-2016 Payscale Potential Salary Reports.
- In 2018, the USF Master of Science in Financial Analysis programs earned the CFA highly-regarded status as an official CFA Institute Affiliated University.
- In 2017, the Financial Times ranked USF's Master in Global Entrepreneurial Management 43rd in the world.
- In 2017, U.S. News & World Report recognized two BS Business Administration majors among US business schools:
- undergraduate entrepreneurship major as #19
- undergraduate marketing major as #27
- In 2017, U.S. News & World Report recognized USF's Specialization Rankings in Entrepreneurship (#14), Management (#17), Finance (#19) and Marketing (#20).
- USF’s Master in Sport Management program was ranked 10th in the world and 8th in the nation by SportBusiness International, a UK-based sport industry publication and analysis firm.
U.S. News & World Report 2017-2018 ranked the School of Law's part-time law program as 43rd in the nation among 81 ABA accredited
law schools, and 6th in student diversity.
- In 2016, Graduateprograms.com ranked USF’s online graduate programs in nursing as 25th in the nation, based on reviews by current students or recent graduates of USF’s School of Nursing and Health Professions.
- USF’s Clinical Nurse Leader Program in the School of Nursing and Health Professions, was ranked 6th in the nation in the 2018-2019 edition of U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Schools.
- The School of Management was named a GOLD Net Impact Chapter (the highest level) for the last three years, a distinction held by only 38 of the nation’s graduate business schools. Net Impact is one of the most prestigious nationally recognized nonprofit organizations, as it manages over 300 clubs for students focused on doing well and doing good.
- In 2015, the USF School of Nursing and Health Professions was selected to partner with Kaiser Permanente to offer USF’s Executive Leadership Doctor of Nursing Program (ELDNP) and its MSN Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) Program.
Faculty and Staff Recognition
- Stephen A. Privett, S.J., Chancellor, was named to the CEO Hall of Fame by the San Francisco Business Times, for his leadership in growing and guiding USF’s success while serving as the university’s president from 2000 to 2014.
- Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer Mary Wardell was named by the San Francisco Business Times to its 2017 list of the Bay Area's most influential women in business.