Please rank the immersion opportunities in order of interest (1-first choice, 6-last choice)
Limited scholarships are available for each program.
Appalachia: (environmental) $350
Dominican Republic: $1000
Do you speak a second language?:
Do you need financial aid? Please explain.
How much aid are you requesting?: $
Requests for financial aid are subject to review. Financial aid is not guaranteed.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Return a completed application to
University Ministry by Sep 30, 2014
- Commit to participating in the entire
Arrupe Immersion Program
- Pay deposit ($200 national or $300
international) upon acceptance into program.
- Attend orientation meetings prior
to the trip as well as the follow-up meetings once the project is completed
- Respond to the following questions
Please type your responses in the boxes below: (It is recommended that you have the answers saved elsewhere first (textEdit, Word doc..), then copy them over to the boxes below)
1. Explain briefly why you are interested in our
2. Identify 2-3 qualities about yourself that you feel
would make you a good candidate for this project.
3. What are your experiences with situations of poverty
and injustice? What effect have these experiences had on you?
4. Have you participated in other University Ministry
programs? How were those experiences meaningful for you? If you have not been
involved with UM in the past are there programs in which you’d like to be
involved in the future?
5. Describe your experiences in community living. What do
you feel are essential criteria for successful community living?
6. What is your understanding of justice?
7. How would your faith tradition influence your
participation in this experience?
Phelan Hall, Lower Level2130 Fulton Street San Francisco, CA 94117415-422-4463Email: firstname.lastname@example.org location/map