In Case of Sexual Assault
What You Can Do
- Find a safe environment and ask a trusted individual to stay with you for support. Know that the incident was not your fault.
- Seek medical attention to take care of any injuries.
- Preserve evidence: don't shower or brush your teeth, keep clothes in a paper bag, and go to SF General Hospital
Sexual Assault Reporting
- On Campus: call 415-422-2911 (USF Public Safety) or contact your RA
- If the alleged perpetrator is a student at USF, the survivor is encouraged to file a complaint through the Student Conduct system. Survivors may file a report to the Office of Student Conduct, Rights and Responsibilities (UC 5th floor, 415-422-5330). Sexual assault is a crime as well as a violation of USF policy.
- Off campus: call 911 to file a report with SFPD
- San Francisco Women Against Rape (SFWAR): 415-647-RAPE (7273)
- SF General Hospital 24-hour Rape Treatment Center: 415-206-8000
- 1001 Potrero Ave. #107 San Francisco, CA 94110
- This is the only medical facility in San Francisco that performs rape kits