**When submitting EPAFs, please be aware of the EPAF Submission Schedule to help ensure timely and accurate payroll for employees.**
2015 EPAF Freeze
In preparation for the Fiscal Year '16 roll-over, we will be implementing an EPAF "freeze" beginning at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 14th and ending at noon on Monday, June 1st.
During this period, the EPAF link will be unavailable to all users. Any EPAFs still pending approval by the deadline cannot be saved and will require the user to reprocess them following the "freeze" period, which ends June 1st.
All student EPAFs relating to FY '16, with effective dates of 5/21/2015 or later, should not be submitted until June 1st. Additionally, any staff/faculty EPAFs with effective dates of 6/1/2015 or later, should not be submitted until after the EPAF "freeze" has been lifted on June 1st.
Staff EPAF Freeze
In addition to the EPAF system freeze above, effective April 23rd and lasting through May 31st, we will be instituting an EPAF freeze for staff assignments of E-Classes eligible for the yearly merit increase. This means that EPAFs for these staff E-Classes will not be accepted during these dates. However, new hires and terminations will be processed per guidelines outlined by Compensation. For questions about this staff EPAF "freeze", please contact Human Resources.
Similar to previous years, all work-study, off-campus, and America Reads assignments will be automatically terminated effective May 20th. All other student assignments will remain active into the summer months. This means that new EPAFs will only be required for:
Students who are currently in work-study assignments and are continuing work in the summer (EPAF type: "Student Hire, STUJOB");
Students who currently have active non-work study assignments, but will not be working in the summer (EPAF type: "Student Assignment Termination, STUTER"). **Note: Etimesheet approvers and student employees will continue to receive email reminders for each of their students until a termination EPAF is submitted and applied.
EPAFs for summer assignments can be submitted beginning at noon on Monday, June 1st, following the fiscal year-end roll-over process.
Term Faculty EPAFs
Please note that term faculty assignments will not automatically terminate and an EPAF to terminate each term faculty assignment on its given end date must be approved by May 14th.
EPAF Submission Deadlines
Please note that the EPAF approval deadline for the first SH and SM pay periods of FY '16 has been extended to June 3rd at 5:00 p.m. This allows 2 working days to complete and submit EPAFs for these pay periods (5/21-6/5 and 6/1-6/15, respectively).
Fiscal Year '15 Labor Redistributions
Any labor redistribution EPAF requests for fiscal year 2015 that are still remaining after the fiscal year-end roll-over should be submitted following our reopening of the system on June 1st. To provide adequate processing time, the approval deadline for these remaining EPAF redistribution requests will be June 3rd, at 5 p.m. EPAF redistribution requests received after the June 3rd deadline may not be processed.
- 4/23 - EPAF freeze begins for merit increase-eligible staff assignments
- 5/14 - EPAF Approval Deadline for final SH/SM pay periods of fiscal year '15 (SH period 5/6 - 5/20; SM period 5/16 - 5/31)
- 5/14 - EPAF Approval Deadline for final MO pay period of fiscal year '15 (5/1 - 5/31)
- 5/14, 11:59 p.m. — EPAF Freeze begins; all remaining EPAFs must be approved/applied prior
- 5/15 - 5/31 - EPAF system unavailable
- 5/20 - All work-study, off-campus & America Reads assignments are automatically terminated
- 6/1, 12 p.m. - EPAF Freeze ends, users can resume EPAF submission
- 6/2, 5 p.m. - EPAF submission deadline for 6/15 payday
- 6/2, 5 p.m. - Final day to submit labor redistribution requests via EPAF
- 6/3 5 p.m. - EPAF approval deadline for 6/15 payday
2015 San Francisco Minimum Wage Increase
Effective May 1, 2015 the San Francisco city minimum wage will increase $1.20, from $11.05 per hour to $12.25. At USF, this change will impact student employees, some part-time staff and their respective supervisors.
By Wednesday, April 22nd, every approver of a student whose hourly rate will be impacted by the increase will receive an email listing of their student employees and their corresponding hourly rates. Each approver should review the hourly rates for their student employees.
For students whose hourly rate falls below the new minimum hourly rate of $12.25, the HR department will automatically increase these rates so that they are in compliance with the new minimum wage requirement.
Additionally, any student currently assigned any step value (from 1 – 42) will see their hourly rate automatically increase $1.20. All automatic rate increases will be effective May 1st, 2015. To review an updated step rate table detailing the new hourly rates corresponding to each step value, please click here
Supervisors are free to submit EPAFs to adjust their students' hourly rates of pay by the stated EPAF deadline(s)
, provided that the new rates meet the new minimum wage requirement.
Upcoming EPAF Trainings
There are currently no group EPAF trainings scheduled. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an individual EPAF training.
Change to Student EPAF Approval
Effective immediately, the 90 - PAYROL approval level has been removed from the Routing Queue of all Student EPAF types and replaced with approval level 90 - HRIS. The standard approver for this new approval level, as well as for the existing 99 - FINPAY approval level, is now Elizabeth Lagran (username: ECLAGRAN).
If you have previously set up a "default routing queue" for any student EPAF type, we will automatically update your defaults to replace the Payroll and Final Applier approvers with Elizabeth Lagran in your routing queue(s).
Please note that once again all students intending to work in the 2014-2015 academic year must obtain a work clearance from One Stop prior to the submission of the EPAF for that assignment. For more information about work clearances and the student employment process, please visit the Student Employment webpage or contact Student Employment (x6770).
Timesheet Organization Numbers
When submitting an EPAF for an employee, the EPAF Originator should enter the employee's approver and timesheet organization number in the Comments field of the EPAF form. The EPAF form will include a separate field to enter the employee's timesheet organization number. Please enter the approver name in the Comments field so that HR can ensure that the approver matches the timesheet organization number. The approver can be someone other than the supervisor, if desired by the supervisor.
For a list of e-timesheet approvers and their corresponding timesheet organization numbers, please contact email@example.com.
EPAFs for Self and/or Family Members
Please note that EPAF admins should not submit any EPAFs to affect their own or a family member's personnel record. Any EPAF that an employee submits for themselves or a family member will be returned with a request that the EPAF be voided.
If you have any questions related to the EPAF process, please contact Melissa Takahashi at x2479, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPAF Training Guides (PDF)
EPAFs for Student Assignments
EPAFs for Faculty and Staff Assignments
Additional Pay & Non-Earnings Assignments
- Friday, July 25th, 2014: Subject: Fall EPAF Submission & Training Info
- Monday, April 28th, 2014: Subject: End of the Fiscal Year Deadlines & EPAF "Freeze"
- Thursday, August 1st, 2013: Subject: Fall EPAF Submission & Training Info
- Wednesday, May 15th, 2013: Subject: Reminder EPAF "Freeze" begins Monday 5/20
- Thursday, April 25th, 2013: Subject: End of the fiscal yead deadlines & EPAF "Freeze"
- Monday, December 10th, 2012: Subject: SF Minimum Wage Increase effective Jan. 1
- Monday, August 6th, 2012: Subject: Fall EPAF Submission & Training Info
- Thursday, July 5th, 2012: Subject: Important for All EPAF Users: New Student EPAFs
- Thursday, May 3rd, 2012: Subject: End of the Year Deadlines & EPAF "Freeze"
- Thursday, July 28, 2011; Subject: EPAF News for Upcoming Fall '11 Semester
- Wednesday, November 17, 2010; Subject: San Francisco City Minimum Wage Increase effective January 1, 2011
- Friday, August 6, 2010; Subject: EPAF News for Upcoming Fall '10 Semester
- Friday, May 23, 2008; Subject: EPAF Procedure for Student Summer Employment Positions