Thank you for your interest in becoming an involved graduate student at USF. You are to be commended for taking the initiative to help improve our community and represent the voices of your peers to create a better university.
Before applying for candidacy, please review the Election Information Packet.
Click here to apply to the Spring 2013 GSS Elections. Applications are due online at 5 PM on Monday, March 25th.
As a candidate for election, you will be held responsible for knowing and understanding all the information contained in the Election Packet. Please review the material BEFORE submitting any of the application forms. ALL CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED FOR ELIGIBILTY AND RECEIVE NOTICE OF ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE WITHIN 48 HOURS OF APPLICATION CLOSING DEADLINES. Best of luck in the election!
The President’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Presents quarterly & annual report to Board of Trustees as a non-voting, ex officio member
- Serves an ex-officio member (his/her designee) of the ASUSF Senate.
- Preside over Senate meetings
- Appoint committees, chairs and representatives
- Collaborates with the VPT to submit annual budget proposal
- Holds meets with Student Leadership and Engagement staff
Vice President of Internal Affairs (VPIA)
The VP of Internal Affairs responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Chairs the GSS meetings, coordinates the internal development and sets the agenda
- Fosters relations with the various organizations and offices of the University community
- Keeps current roster of GSS representatives
- Presides in the absence of the President
Vice President of External Affairs (VPEA)
The VP of External Affairs responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the planning and implementation of all Senate-sponsored programs, services, and social events
- Plans, implements, and directs public relations policies and events for the GSS with the President and advisor
- Upholds the policies and procedures of the USF to improve student life
- Fosters programs of communication and cooperation with the larger University, alumni, other universities, and governmental entities
- Keeps and maintains the AGSUSF website
Vice President of Treasury (VPT)
The VP of Treasury responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Keeps all funds of the GSS in the University restricted fund account
- Disburses funds of the GSS
- Submits complete and detailed reports to the Senate
- Provides the annual report to the VPAA
- Submits annual proposed budget with the President
- Meets with all GSS Senators and AGSUSF constituents who request funding
Vice President of Administrative Affairs (VPAA)
The VP of Administrative Affairs responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Keeps an accurate and current roster of all AGSUSF members & organizations
- Writes and publishes meeting minutes
- Handles the GSS correspondence
School Representatives (Senators)
Each representative will develop outreach to their respective constituents, schedule meetings with campus entities, and reflect those whom they represent in their voting and participation.
We ask that you keep in mind the University’s Mission and Core Values when planning your campaign so that you represent USF’s student body in an appropriate and positive fashion.
For more information on GSS policies, procedures/values, and full job descriptions click here