Sample USF Service-Learning Projects
Service-learning comes in many varieties, but here are a few examples of projects that service-learners from USF have done.
- Business students serving at Streetside Stories researched funding opportunities for arts education nonprofits like Streetside and created a resource booklet.
- Computer Science students serving at St. Anthony Foundation developed an A+ Computer Repair Certification Curriculum and tutored students in the employment program.
- Performing Arts and Social Justice students served in the Grocery Center at Project Open Hand and created a play based on their experiences.
Sample USF Service-Learning Syllabi
Campus Compact: Service-Learning Syllabi
- Campus Compact has a database of over 300 service-learning syllabi from a wide variety of courses.
Learn and Serve America: Service-Learning Ideas and Curricular Examples (SLICE)
- This database has service-learning lesson plans, syllabi, and project ideas. (Note that the site is still in beta version.)