Course-Based ACE Application
Please respond to the following questions. Your responses should be no less than a paragraph each.
1. Please describe your experience (i.e. personal interactions, observations, service experiences) with the San Francisco community. Explain what you've learned and how it has influenced you to become more involved locally.
2. Please identify the semester in which you took the Business 304 (Management and Organizational Dynamics) service-learning course and the name of your professor. What are the benefits and challenges of the course?
3. Why are you interested in becoming an Advocate for Community Engagement?
4 . Describe the professional skills and social issue-based knowledge that you will bring to the position? Be specific (i.e. I developed organization skills and strategies by coordinating regular service days for my residents as an RA).
5. What do you hope to learn or develop through your experience as an ACE? (i.e. I want to learn more about the root causes of poverty in San Francisco.)
6. Please tell us your class schedule for fall semester and list your activities, jobs, etc.
7. Please list two references and provide their contact information. The references can include professors, job supervisors, academic advisors, club advisors, etc. At least one reference should be from USF.
8. Please list your availability for an interview during traditional business hours (Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm).
9. Please paste your current resume below.
ACEs need to be able to commit to:
• Meet your organization supervisor and receive an introduction to your organization by May 1,2011.
• Attend a half-day orientation during the week of April 18, 2011. (Exact times and location TBD based on applicant's schedule.
• Attend and ACE spring social event (Details TBD)
• Attend fall training- August 16-20 (Details TBD)
• Maintain 8-10 hours of work per week throughout year of ACE employment (6-8 hours/week at host site and 1-2 hours/week in individual or group meetings with the McCarthy Center)
• Attend mid-year retreat from January 18- January 20, 2012
• Demonstrate professional conduct and responsible representation of USF in all matters.
• Make a commitment to all responsibilities as defined in ACE Job Description.
By signing below you are stating that if selected as an ACE for the 2011-2012 school year, you will undertake the full job description, and represent USF and the McCarthy Center for Public Service in a professional and responsible manner.
For more information, please contact Andrea Wise at email@example.com
Date of Submission: