College of Arts and Sciences

Housing for Graduate Students

Graduate students who move to San Francisco can choose to live on campus (university-sponsored housing) or off campus (private housing).

On-Campus Housing:
Graduate students who seek university-sponsored ("on-campus") housing reside in Loyola Village (apartment-style housing) or Pedro Arrupe Hall (traditional residence hall). On-campus housing for graduate students is limited and priority is given to students who apply early. For information contact the Office of Student Housing and Residential Education . Complete the Housing Application for on-campus housing by selecting "Apply".

Off-Campus Housing:
The large majority of graduate students at USF choose to live off campus in one of the neighborhoods that surround USF. Many new students find an apartment by contacting current graduate students in their graduate program, or another program, who already live in an apartment and who seek a new apartment mate.

USF's Off-Campus Housing website posts listings of apartments and students in apartments who seek new apartment mates. The majority of these listings are posted from late April to August.

The Off-Campus Housing Coordinator in the Office of Student Housing and Residential Education provides information and advice about local housing options, short-term housing options, roommate listings, apartment listings, apartment locator services, tenants' rights and other helpful strategies for living in San Francisco.

Whether you choose to live in university housing on campus or an apartment off campus, please remember that it is each student's responsibility to arrange for their housing and living.

Contact information for off-campus and on-campus housing:
Office of Student Housing and Residential Education
Phone: 415.422.6824