Market Café Special Hours
The Market Café located on the 2nd floor of the University Center, the building directly right of the War Memorial Gym, will be open at 6 A.M. for food and drinks.
Bay Area Burmese Community Meeting
with Daw Aung San Suu Kyi
University of San Francisco’s War Memorial Gymnasium
2335 Golden Gate Avenue San Francisco, CA 94118
Saturday, Sept. 29
Doors expected to open at 7:30 a.m.
Doors close at 9:00 a.m.
Program begins at 9:15 a.m.
The event is managed by the Burmese organizing committee, who will facilitate ticket distribution. USF does not have tickets available for public distribution. Members of the general public who wish to hear her speak are encouraged to watch the live stream of the event on this website. Because of limited capacity, USF is not able to accommodate all university students and employees who wish to see Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. More information will be communicated to the USF community on how to obtain tickets to the event.
Tickets required for event access. No one will be granted entrance without an official ticket.
- Please arrive two hours prior to the start of the event program.
- There are no re-entry privileges.
- Tickets are free and under all circumstances are required for event access. This ticket is neither for sale nor resale. Any reproduction of this ticket is strictly prohibited. USF will not replace lost, missing, or stolen tickets. USF reserves the right to refuse admission and control occupancy.
- One ticket grants access to one person. Anyone under 17 years of age must have a ticket and must be accompanied by a ticketed adult. Only infants 12 months and younger, accompanied by an adult ticket holder, will be allowed access to events without a ticket.
- Anyone who arrives late for an event will not be admitted. Attendees must be in the venue by the stated time on the ticket.
- All attendees are subject to a reasonable search of their property (purses, etc.) or person.
- No food, beverages, or containers allowed. Attendees will not be able to enter the venues with any of these items.
- No backpacks or video/tape recorders allowed. Only cameras without flash allowed in Memorial Gymnasium. Attendees will not be able to enter the venues or store any items before entering the venues. Cell phones, PDAs and pagers must remain inaudible throughout the events. Speaking on a cell phone during these events may be cause for removal.
- No signs or posters are allowed in the venues.
- Disruptive behavior will be cause for removal from the events. The determination of disruptive behavior is at the discretion of the United States State Department, San Francisco Police Department or the University of San Francisco Department of Public Safety. Upon removal from the event, any further action is also at the discretion of these law enforcement agencies and may include immediate removal from University property or arrest.
- Smoking is prohibited in all University of San Francisco buildings.
- If you are a person with a disability and need accommodations for this event, please email Barbara Zunder, Associate Director of Student Disability Services, no later than September 24, 2012. Please note that some accommodations may require more advanced notice (e.g., sign language interpreting, real-time captioning, etc.).