The School of Education's credential programs are certified by the
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential
(with an optional Bilingual Authorization in Spanish)
Preliminary Single Subject Credential
(with optional Bilingual Authorization in Spanish)
Master of Arts Programs
All credential students also enroll in one of the following master's programs:
- San Francisco Teacher Residency - Based on a one year cohort model, the program combines a yearlong apprenticeship at SFUSD with targeted master’s level coursework from the Teacher Education Department.
- Undergraduate Option - Dual-Degree in Teacher Preparation program is offered in conjunction with the USF College of Arts and Sciences.
- Certificate in Teaching K-12 Reading - To meet the growing need for teachers with special training in teaching reading. Candidates who complete the 16-unit program will be eligible for the Reading Certificate issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
For more information about the credential and master's degree options, you may contact the following Teacher Education Department personnel:
|For the San Francisco Campus:
Lisa Klope, Program Assistant
(415) 422-6481, firstname.lastname@example.org
|For the Branch Campuses:
Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, Santa Rosa
Sandra Fenderson, EdD, Associate Director
Teacher Education Branch Campus Programs
(415) 422-5639, email@example.com