The Master of Arts in Organization and Leadership (O&L) consists of 30 credits from the following courses.
See O&L and General Education course descriptions in the School of Education section of the USF General Catalog online.
Foundations | 3 credits (required)
- O&L 614 - Introduction to Organization and Leadership (3)
Research Methodology | 3 credits
- GEDU 603 - Methodology of Educational Research (3)
O&L Coursework - General or Focus Area | 12 credits
Follow a general program in O&L or choose one of three focus areas:
- Higher Education
- K-12 Leadership
- 21st Century Leadership
- Students choose four O&L courses.
(This is a sampling of course options. For all O&L courses and descriptions click here.)
- O&L 615 - Information Systems in Educational Management (3)
- O&L 621 - Budget and Finance (3)
- O&L 622 - Education Law (3)
- O&L 624 - Human Resources in Educational Management (3)
- O&L 630 - Educational Leadership (3)
- O&L 635 - Anthropology of Education (3)
- O&L 652 - Data Based Decision Making for School Leaders (3)
- O&L 654 - School, Community and Society (3)
- O&L 658 - Culture and Work (3)
- O&L 661 - Organization Development and Learning (3)
- O&L 670 - Ethical Organization (3)
Electives | 6 credits
- Choose two elective courses drawn from the following based on program advisor approval:
- Organization & Leadership courses
- Special topics courses,
- Directed studies,
- Other School of Education department courses,
- Accepted transfer courses.
Master's Field Project or Thesis | 3 credits
- O&L 655 - Masters Field Project (3)