In addition to standard School of Education application requirements, in order to be eligible for the Master of Arts in Catholic School Teaching with an Emphasis in Religious Education, candidates must submit:
- Evidence of three years minimum Catholic school teaching experience at the elementary, secondary, or collegiate level, or deliberation by the CEL faculty to waive this prerequisite;
- In addition to the two School of Education form letters of recommendation, two letters testifying to commitment in ministry.
The Master of Arts in Catholic School Teaching with an Emphasis in Religious Education is comprised of 40 units from the courses below.
See all CEL course descriptions in the School of Education section of the USF General Catalog.
Required Courses | 40 Units
- Curriculum and Instruction for Religious Education
- Spirituality of the Educator
- Christian Doctrines in Historical Development
- Moral Development
- Ecclesial Principles of Catholic Education
- Teacher Mentorship I, II, III (1 Unit Each, Totaling 3 Units)
- Scriptural Catechesis
- Catholic Sacraments and Liturgy
- Educational Learning Theory
- Catholic Moral Theology and Social Teachings
- Religious Educational Leadership
- M.A. Culminating Project
- Seminar in Religious Education
- Justice in the School Curriculum