The Master of Arts in Human Rights Education (HRE) consists of 30 credits from the following courses.
Program Curriculum | 30 credits total
Requirements include 15 credits of core coursework, 9 credits of elective coursework, and 6 credits of Culminating Project. All classes are 3 credits, unless otherwise noted.
See IME course descriptions here in the School of Education section of the USF General Catalog online.
HRE Foundations Courses | 9 credits
- Foundations of Human Rights Education
- International Human Rights Law for Educators
- Human Rights Education: Pedagogy and Praxis
HRE Topic Courses | 9 credits (select 3 of 4 courses)
- Social Movements and Human Rights
- Gender and Globalization
- Immigration and Forced Displacement
- Tools for Human Rights Practice (Summer)
HRE Electives | 6 credits (select 2 courses)
- Research in Bilingualism and Bilingual Education
- Multiculturalism in a Global World
- Urban Education
- Race, Ethnicity, and Cultural Identity
- Critical Pedagogy
- Cross-Cultural Literacy
- Critical Contemporary Issues (Summer)
Culminating Project | 6 credits
- Methodology of Educational Research
- IME MA Thesis/Field Project