Course GEDU 705 | Every fall semester.
General Education course descriptions in the USF General Catalog online.
Objectives or Outcomes:
- Know of the legal requirements of school site administration
- Recognize legal problems when they arise on the campus
- Appraise the need for legal counsel in solution of legal problems
- Discuss the basic law and case histories on matters of school administration and the current state of the law in subjects relating to education
- Church - state - educational relationships
- State entities, local school boards, and use of school money and property
- Public school teacher
- Student personal and race - state - educational relationships
- School board procedures and school elections
Criteria of Evaluation:
- Class participation
- Presentation on timely legal topic of interest relating to education
- Written examination
- Graduate term paper
Possible Course Textbooks:
Reutter Jr., E. E. (1994). The law of public education (3rd ed.) Westbury NY: The Foundation Press, Inc.