Course GEDU 704 | Every fall semester.
General Education course descriptions in the USF General Catalog online.
Objectives or Outcomes:
- Summarize the basic tenets of theories of human learning and motivation as applied to educational settings
- Discuss the relevance of these theories to your own area of specialization
- Analyze current practices in learning and instruction with regard to their basis in theory and research
- Communicate the findings of psychological theory and research in such a way that they can be used to guide professional practice
- Critique ideas that arise during discussion in light of the theories and concepts of human learning
- Human diversity
- The development of cognition, language, and personality
- Learning and motivation: Theories and application
- Learning and instruction: Teaching methods and practices
Criteria of Evaluation:
- Connection essay
- Paper exploring one or more of the theories of learning and instruction
Possible Course Textbook:
Gage, N. L. and Berliner, D. C. (1992). Education psychology (5th ed.) Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
American Psychological Association. (1994). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (4th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.