Traineeship and Internship Positions with the University of San Francisco Center for Child and Family Development School Outreach Program.
We place MFT trainees and interns in public, Catholic, and private schools where they function as a School-Based Family Counselor. Counselors work with the child, teacher, principal, and parents/guardians to help the child overcome challenges impeding school success.
for September 2013
We have positions (unpaid) available in our Mission Possible Program. See flyer with more details >>
For additional information contact:
Judy Giampaoli, MFT, Director
School Outreach Program
Common problems experienced by schoolchildren are family related (e.g. families under stress due to economic or health problems, parents separating or divorcing, and other forms of family stress). The Center for Child and Family Development has a family systems and school-based family counseling orientation. Learn more about School-Based Family Counseling >>
- Placement day flexible
- Opportunities to collect child hours
- Group supervision available on different weekdays
- Additional individual supervision for trainees
- Monthly in-service training on Saturday mornings
- Minimum 9 month contract
- Supervision by experienced team of licensed mental health professionals