The Committee shall have a maximum of twenty-one voting members appointed by the University President.
Membership shall include faculty, staff, administrators, and students of all
Membership shall be drawn from and will include at least one member from each
school and division.
Membership is contingent on attendance at three quarters of the scheduled meetings
and on active participation in at least one subcommittee.
An undergraduate nominated by the committee shall serve as a voting member of the Committee.
The Chair and Vice Chair shall be selected by the Committee, once constituted.
Term of Office
The term of office shall be two years with the option of a third year. If a member leaves the school or university division he/she
represents, and is the sole representative of said school, then his/her term
shall expire automatically at the end of the semester and a replacement from
said school shall be appointed. (It is understood that a student member may
not be able to fulfill a full term.)
The initial terms shall be staggered by lot, for one and two year terms.
The Committee shall address systemic issues related to justice and gender within
The work of the Committee may be conducted by subcommittees (e.g. Retreats/Conferences, Curriculum Development,
Special Events, Work/Family Life Issues, Faculty Development, Undergraduate
Life, Graduate Student Issues)
- A quorum consists of one third of the members.
- Regular meetings shall be scheduled at the beginning of the semester.
- Special meetings may be called by the Chair or Vice Chair with one week's
- Decisions of the Committee are determined by the majority of members attending
- The Committee shall report its conclusions/recommendations first to the
- The Committee shall send its conclusions/recommendations to unions, associations,
task forces, or other USF organizations that in the Committee's judgment need
to be apprised of its findings.
- Committee minutes and proceedings shall be sent to the Executive Officers
at the close of the Spring semester of each academic year.
Change in By-Laws
- Any proposed changes in these By-Laws must be approved by three quarters of the Committee.
- Any changes in these By-Laws are subject to the approval of the University President.