1) Where can I look at my payment plan online?
To access the information online go to mypaymentplan.com. Enter the username and password that you created when you signed up for the payment plan.
2) Who can I call with questions about my payment plan?
You may call Nelnet at (800) 609-8056 for information specific to your payment plan agreement.
3) Are additional payment plans available?
No, the only payment plan offered at USF is the actively managed payment plan through Nelnet.
4) I would like to change my payment plan from one checking account to another checking account. Can this be done?
You are allowed to make one change during the duration of the payment plan. You may call Nelnet directly at (800) 609 8056 to make the change.
5) I signed up for the payment plan, but have now decided I would rather pay the charges for the semester in full. Can this be done?
Yes, but please note that the $50 enrollment fee is non-refundable. Once you have paid your USF semester balance in full, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the payment plan inactivated.
6) I signed up for the payment plan, but have now received additional financial aid that will cover my USF semester balance in full. What should I do?
Make sure that you have completed all of your financial aid requirements, such as accepting your awards, completing entrance interview requirements, signing promissory notes, and sending any required verification documents to the financial aid office. If you have completed all of the requirements, send an email to email@example.com at least three business days before the monthly payment plan transaction occurs on the fifth of the month.
7) Will the amount of the payment plan increase or decrease as my USF account changes due to changes in registration, financial aid, additional payments and/or charges?
Your USF account will be reviewed periodically, and the payment plan balance will be adjusted accordingly. After your payment plan amount has been adjusted, you will receive an email from FACTS informing you of the updated payment amount. You can also review your payment plan information online at mypaymentplan.com. Enter the username and password you created when you enrolled in the payment plan. You may also call the USF payment plan manager at (415) 422-4533 to verify the adjustment at least three business days before the monthly payment plan transaction occurs on the fifth of the month.
8) My USF account has been paid in full, but it was too late to prevent the payment plan transaction to be suspended. What will happen to the extra payment?
It will be refunded according to the instructions you have on file with the Student Accounts office.
9) I would like to change the due date of my payments. Is this possible?
No, installments are due on the fifth of the month.
10) I’m on the payment plan, but I didn’t have the required funds in the checking/savings account to cover my payment. What will happen?
You will be charged a $30 returned item fee. Nelnet will make two more attempts to process your payment, one on the 20th of the month, and again on the 5th of the month if the previous attempt on the 20th was unsuccessful. If all three attempts are unsuccessful, you will be required to pay the installment directly to USF.
11) Why isn’t my recent installment payment reflected on my USF account?
The funds are transferred to the university on or about the 15th of the month. The payments are posted on your account at that time.