Exit counseling is required for students who are graduating or leaving school. Exit counseling prepares students to repay federal student loans once they are out of school. Gather all available income, financial aid, and living expenses information; you will need to reference it as you complete your counseling session.
Loan Exit Counseling Instructions
- Go to www.studentloans.gov
- Click "Exit Counseling" located under "Tools and Resources."
- You will be directed to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) for Students web page.
- Select "Exit Counseling."
- Follow the remaining instructions.
Exit counseling sessions may take 20-30 minutes. The results will be submitted electronically to the USF Financial Aid Operations Office.