Online Requests (except School of Law - Law students/alumni click here)
Current students who have USFconnect accounts should access the online transcript request service through USFconnect. Former students who do not have a USFconnect account and who wish to obtain a copy of their official transcripts should click on the link below and proceed with an online request. To obtain information for submitting a request by mail, see below. Transcripts requested either online or by mail will not be released if a student has any outstanding financial obligations with the University. Requests should be accompanied by a payment of transcript fees $5.00 per transcript, and should be made at least two weeks in advance of the date required. Online transcript requests that are submitted while the University is closed for the holidays will be processed in the order the requests were received when the office reopens.
Please note: Students are advised that transcript orders may be delayed during registration periods (April, August, and November) and in the month following each commencement period (January and June).
- Log on to USFconnect.
- Click on the "Student" tab.
- Under the "Student Self Service" section, click on the "Click here" button.
- Click on the "Student" tab.
- Click on the "Student Records" link.
- Click on "Request an Official Transcript and Enrollment Certificate."
- Under "Request an Official Transcript or Enrollment Certificate," click on "Click Here."
Non-USFConnect Users, click here.
- The cost for transcripts is $5.00 per copy.
- Domestic express mail is $20.00 for each U.S. address to which the transcript is mailed.
- International express mail is $30.00 for each international address to which a transcript is mailed.
- Processing time may be longer: a) for students who attended prior to 1982, b) during Registration periods as well as at the end of a term, and c) due to printing and technical difficulties.
- Requests are processed on a first come, first serve basis. Normally, 1-3 business days must be allowed for processing. Ideally, requests should be made two weeks in advance of the date required.
- Transcripts will not be issued until all outstanding financial obligations with the University are paid.
- Only University of San Francisco transcripts will be issued. Transcripts from other schools must be ordered from original sources to ensure validity and accuracy.
- The University reserves the right to control the conditions by which its transcripts are distributed; as a legal document, the University is responsible for the accuracy and validity of the transcripts.
- The University is not responsible for the accuracy of addresses provided. Any transcript request with incomplete addresses or insufficient information for processing, or unaccompanied by the transcript fee, will be returned to the sender.
- The University is not responsible for transcripts not picked up within 30 days of the order date. Transcripts left for more than 30 days will shredded.
- On July 1, 1978, the University of San Francisco was given jurisdiction and storage of academic records for San Francisco College for Women, Lone Mountain College, and Tahoe Paradise College. Former students requesting these transcripts should indicate their previous enrollment.
Mailed Requests (except School of Law)
To submit a request by mail, please provide the following information in letter form:
- Full name
- Social Security number (or Student ID Number)
- Dates of attendance
- Date of birth
- Current mailing address and telephone number
- Complete address(es) to which the transcripts should be mailed
- Number of transcripts needed for each address
- Your legal signature
- Include a check or money order payable to USF and mail to:
Office of the Registrar
2130 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Transcript requests may also be faxed to (415) 422-6329. Please note that faxed requests must include a credit card number with expiration date, CVV code, and email address for receipt.
If you have questions about requesting your official USF transcript, please contact the transcripts department at (415) 422-6116 or email@example.com.