Parent and Graduate PLUS Loans
Graduate students and parents of dependent age undergraduates can apply for PLUS loans to help pay for the cost of attending USF The annual limit is the student's Cost of Attendance as shown in USFConnect Student Self Service, minus any estimated or accepted financial aid.
- Available for parents of dependent age undergraduates enrolled on at least a half-time basis and to graduate and professional students enrolled on at least a half-time basis.
- Fixed 6.41% interest rate (for loans first disbursed between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014) and fixed monthly payments.
- 4.288% loan origination fee (to be subtracted from the gross amount of credit approved).
- Credit check is required.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required.
Borrowers have the option of beginning repayment on the PLUS loan either 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed for that award year, or deferring payment until after the student ceases to be enrolled at least half-time. If you are interested in applying for a PLUS loan, please print, sign and submit the appropriate PLUS Loan pre-application form. PLUS loan borrowers are also required to complete a signed promissory note upon approval.
The deadline to apply for a PLUS loan in any academic year is:
- November 1 for students enrolled through fall only.
- April 1 for students enrolled through spring.
- July 1 for students enrolled through summer.
Learn more about the Federal PLUS program from the Department of Education.