Overview of The Partnership & Application
The Partnership, formerly known as the Initiative, is heading into its fourth active year. The Partnership aims to meet various objectives for staff, faculty, and student progress while increasing collaboration between the two institutions. By effectively utilizing UCSF medical center staff and USF faculty, we can ensure that students participate in meaningful clinical rotations with an emphasis on continual professional and clinical growth.
USF students who wish to participate, apply to The Partnership during their freshman two semester. Those chosen complete all clinical rotations at UCSF medical center for the remaining three years of their education. During this time, students immerse themselves in the professional culture which may include participating in committee work, attending continuing education courses, and completing all new hire paperwork and competencies. At the end of their commitment, Partnership students may serve as ideal candidates for hire at UCSF Medical Center in various specialties and settings.
Click here to download The Partnership Fact Sheet
How to Apply
DEADLINE to Apply: Friday, March 28, 2014, 12:00 pm
Step 1 - Get Familiar with The Partnership
- Watch The Partnership Overview video
- Make sure you are eligible to apply:
- Must be currently be a Freshman 2 (Spring 2014).
- Starting clinicals as a Sophomore 1 in Fall 2014.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
Step 2 - Submit Information
- All components of the application must be submitted all at once,
prior to the stated deadline. Incomplete applications will not be
accepted or reviewed for admission.
- Video Interview should follow these parameters:
- Between 3 - 5 minutes in length
- Answer the following questions - 1.Tell us about who are you are and your
interests, and 2.Why is this Partnership a good fit for you?
- Submit your YouTube Video Interview and information online via the YouTube Interview Submission Form.
- Please note that you must first upload your video interview into YouTube before sending us the YouTube link.
Partnership offers will be sent by April 4, 2014.