This is a full-time, one-year intensive program. The curriculum has been developed to focus on developing skills during fall semester, so students are better prepared for their fieldwork in spring and summer semesters.
Fall semester classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between and 5:00-9:00pm.
Spring semester classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 5:00-9:00pm, plus one eight-our day of fieldwork per week.
Summer Semester classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 5:00-9:00pm, plus one eight-our day of fieldwork per week.
- Evaluate historical and contemporary health care systems, regulations, and policies.
- Describe how health care systems serve diverse communities.
- Analyze and evaluate the psychological and socio-cultural factors that impact individual health behaviors.
- Exhibit knowledge and communication skills to work in inter-professional health care settings.
- Use evidence-based research to analyze, evaluate, and propose improvements to health care systems.
- Identify barriers and propose solutions to health care access and delivery issues.
- Actively contribute to the design, implementation, and evaluation of effective behavioral health care programs and campaigns in diverse programs.
This Program is Designed for Students Who:
- are interested in human behavior, especially the intersection between mental and physical health, and want to start a career in behavioral healthcare
- are already working in the healthcare system and want to gain skills in leadership, program evaluation, and project management within a behavioral healthcare context
- want a foundation for an advanced degree as a behavioral health professional, who understands behavioral health and has skills in working in multidisciplinary settings
Career Opportunities to Pursue with the MSBH Degree
- Director of behavioral health and recovery services
- Health care coordinator
- Clinical health educator
- Health care navigator
- Community health advisor
- Project manager
- Program evaluator
- Community health outreach coordinator
- Health promotion specialist