Admission to the Master of Science in Behavioral Health (MSBH) program is based on an overall appraisal of the applicant's preparedness for graduate-level study. The following requirements are considered in the review of applications:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree (in any field) from an accredited institution
- Prerequisites: College-level courses in both psychology and statistics are required. Applicants can meet these prerequisite requirements if they took AP courses in these subjects during high school. Applicants applying to the MSBH program prior to taking these prerequisites can be admitted on a conditional basis. Note that admitted students must complete conditional admission requirements prior to full admission and start of classes.
- Completed online application form and fee
- Unofficial transcripts from colleges/universities attended where the highest degree was obtained. Note: Receipt of official transcripts will be required from admitted students prior to registration.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Personal statement; Tell us about your interest in working in behavioral health with underserved populations. Please include relevant information about your values, work history, life experience and education that have led you to pursue this degree.
- Two letters of recommendation. Applicants are required to submit letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to their competence and ability to be successful at a graduate level of study. Letters should discuss the applicant's ability to succeed academically and should speak to his or her potential for professional growth in the field of nursing or health care.
- For international students only: TOEFL scores (a minimum score of 600 or 100 INB required), Certificate of Finance, and passport copy
For more detailed information about applying, please visit the How to Apply page.
Application Deadline for Fall 2015
The MSBH program has a rolling admission policy. Priority deadline for Fall 2015 is March 15th. The application will close on June 1st.