Admission is for the course/program only, and not indicative of future admission to the University of San Francisco. The RN Transition program does not charge tuition for participation. Paid positions to new RN Residents are not provided.
- Graduate of BRN, NLN, or AACN/CCNE accredited nursing program
- Currently unemployed or under-employed, obtained a California RN license and graduated within the last three years
- If applicant does not yet have California RN license, they must obtain the license prior to program start date
- U.S. Citizen or can provide documentation of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to complete all clinical and course content hours
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be genuinely interested in pursuing a career in home health, clinic, or school nursing
- Preference for RNs with Public Health Nurse Certificate
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply although it is not a requirement
Online application will be available only during application periods. Upcoming application periods:
Fall 2015: May 15 – June 25, 2015
- If accepted, submit the following:
- Documentation of all pre-clinical
requirements for clinical agency and the requirements listed on the RN Transition Program Checklist that can be found on our Health Requirements website. These requirements administered by Certified Background Check require a fee of $120.
- You will also be required to submit a non-refundable program processing fee of $55.
- You may be requested to interview in-person, on the phone or asked to fill out an assessment
form via a web link as part of the selection process. This does not guarantee admittance to the
program. Email letter will notify you as to your acceptance status once the selections have
Contact Jessie Bell, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.