You can apply online at www.usfca.edu/grad/applyonline/.
Application Form and Fee
Submit the form and the $55 application fee online.
Upload a copy of your transcripts from each college or university attended. Please ensure that any unofficial transcripts include the name of the institution.
Please note: If admitted to the program, MSN and MPH students will be required to send in official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. DNP students will be required to send official transcripts from colleges/universities attended showing both the highest degree conferred and the highest nursing degree conferred if different (e.g. a BSN degree and a MBA degree).
A Professional Résumé
Include a professional résumé of your work experience, educational background, and professional activities, as well as any outside interests you would like to have considered.
Letters of Recommendation
Please follow the instructions on the online application for submitting your recommenders' contact information. Your recommenders will receive an email requesting that they log in and submit their letter of recommendation. You will be able to log back into your account to send a reminder at any time. Please see the following information for specific program requirements.
- Master's Program - Clinical Nurse Leader Two letters of recommendation (scholastic or professional preferred; e.g. professor or work supervisor).
- Master's Program - Public Health Two letters of recommendation (scholastic or professional preferred; e.g. professor or work supervisor).
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Three letters of recommendation (scholastic or professional preferred; e.g. professional or work supervisor).
- Doctor of Psychology Three Letters of recommendation (two must be from faculty members, one from professional/work supervisor)
- Master's Program - Behavioral Health Two letters of recommendation (scholastic or professional preferred; e.g. professor or work supervisor).
A Personal Statement
- Master's Program - Clinical Nurse Leader Upload a 1 to 3 page document that describes your reasons for pursuing a master's degree and for choosing the graduate nursing program at the University of San Francisco. The statement should relate your past experiences to a career in nursing.
- Master's Program - Public Health Upload a 1 to 3 page document that describes your interests and professional goals as they relate to public health, and how you plan to use the MPH in your career. Furthermore, describe your reasons for pursuing a master's degree in public health at the University of San Francisco. Finally, please be sure to identify and explain any international educational experience that you may have fielded during your undergraduate studies.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Upload a 1 to 3 page document that describes your reasons for pursuing a doctoral degree, and specifically why you are applying to the DNP program at the University of San Francisco. The statement should describe your future plans for application of graduate-level knowledge and skills.
Doctor of Psychology Upload 4 to 5 page document. The first section of the statement, approximately two pages in length, should include a description of the applicant and his/her background. The second section, approximately three pages in length, should consist of short paragraphs responding to the following:
- What has led to your interest in pursuing a doctorate in clinical psychology?
- Have you considered other master’s and doctoral degrees in psychology and counseling?
- What interests you in focusing on behavioral health and working with underserved populations?
- What is unique about you that will contribute to your success as a professional psychologist?
- Is this a good time for you to assume the financial commitment of five full time years of academic training, during which you will be able to work no more than part-time?
- Is this a good time for you to assume the time commitment of five full time years of academic training, including the 5th year full-time clinical internship, which is often in a different geographic area?
- What is your ultimate goal as a licensed psychologist
Supplemental Application for the ME-CNL Program
The Master's Entry Program requires 32 units of coursework to be completed before admission to the program. Please complete the supplemental application.
Supplemental Application for the PsyD Program
The PsyD program requires four courses to be completed before the program start. Please complete the supplemental application.
Supplemental Application for the MSBH Program
The MSBH program requires three courses to be completed before the program start. Please complete the supplemental application.
Supplemental Application for RN-MSN
The RN-MSN requires English Composition/Modular CLEP scores. Please complete the supplemental application. For more information on the CLEP, please visit the website at http://clep.collegeboard.org/.
Supplemental Application for MPH
The MPH requires English Composition/Modular CLEP scores. Please complete the supplemental application. For more information on the CLEP, please visit the website at http://clep.collegeboard.org/.
- Master's Program - Clinical Nurse Leader Applicants to the RN-MSN programs must provide a RN license number.
Online MSN applicants ONLY: Pl
- Please submit a copy of your RN license to your enrollment advisor.
- Master's Program - Public Health Please identify your language proficiency (fluent or conversational) with regard to any other languages spoken or studied other than English. Identify how many years you have studied these languages.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Applicants to the DNP program must provide a RN license number.
- Doctor of Psychology Submit official scores of the GRE General Test and GRE Psychology Test, taken within three years of application.
For information concerning financial assistance program available to applicants to the School of Nursing and Health Professions, please contact the USF One Stop Enrollment and Financial Services Office: University of San Francisco, One Stop Services, 2130 Fulton Street, LM 251, San Francisco, CA 94117-1080, (415) 422-2020, email: email@example.com.
(Not a Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
Nonimmigrant students must include a foreign mailing address. In addition to the documents listed under "Application Instructions," International Students need to submit the following:
Official Academic Records
Submit official records from all university-level institutions attended.
English Proficiency Examination
Submit official TOEFL examination scores. A minimum score of 600 (Paper Test), 100 (IBT), or 7.0 (IELTS) is required. USF will also accept the Pearson Test of English (PTE).
Certification of Finances
Please Read Carefully
International applicants who require an F-1 student visa must demonstrate that they(and/or other sponsors) can fund all or a significant amount of their educational and living expenses in the United States. To do this, the Certification of Finances form must be completed and submitted along with bank statements. if you cannot complete the Certification, then please do not apply to this graduate program.
Please Note: If funding from your sponsor(s) requires that you first be admitted to the university's graduate program, then your application will be considered if you attach a note to your application indicating that your Certification of Finance is to come. After you receive your admission decision letter, you will want to complete and send your verified Certification of Finances to USF.
Please upload a copy of your passport.