The purpose of the program is to prepare the graduate for a career in an increasingly dynamic healthcare environment, provide a foundation for professional and personal growth, assume a position of leadership, and afford a basis for graduate study.
Students who graduate from the bachelor in health services program pursue careers in the following areas:
- Healthcare Providers – Hospitals, group physicians practices, clinics, nursing homes, outpatient care center, mental health organizations and rehabilitation centers
- Healthcare Suppliers – Healthcare management companies, pharmaceutical firms, and biotechnology companies
- Insurance Organizations – Health maintenance organization, preferred-provider organizations, state-administered health insurance programs and private insurance companies that cater to the healthcare market
- Policy Organizations – State Public Health Agencies and nonprofit health industry organizations
- Educational Organizations