It is important to be aware of the procedures and deadlines for registration in your program.
- All admitted students will have an automatic registration hold
placed on their accounts, which will be lifted by Graduate Admissions
upon receipt of all official transcripts.
All official transcripts must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions
Office of Graduate Admissions
2130 Fulton St.
San Francisco, CA 94117
Register for classes through USFconnect
- Step 1: Once you have successfully logged into USFConnect, click on the "Student" tab. Under the "Student Self Service" section, click on the "Click here" button.
- Step 2: Click on the "Student" tab. Click on the "Registration" menu and then click on "View Holds."
If you have a hold on your registration, you will receive a message at
this point regarding the hold. You will need to clear the hold before
you can proceed.
- Step 3: Click back on the "Student" tab. Click on the "Registration" menu and then click on "Look Up and Register for Classes." Choose the term for which you would like to register and click "Submit."
- Select or search for a course. Please refer to the curriculum pattern provided to you with your admission letter. When selecting a course, please double check that you have chosen the section that is offered at the campus to which you were admitted. This is very important, as there may be additional cohorts that are starting at the same time at different campuses.
- Please note that all ADN-MSN students will take N500 Graduate Writing and Research. Choose a section with availability. This course is online. It is not tied to a specific campus.
- Step 4: The course registration number (CRN) of each section is the
highlighted five-digit number. After selecting the box to the left of a
CRN, you will have the option to either add that course to your
worksheet by clicking the "Add to Worksheet" button or registering immediately for that course by clicking the "Register"
button (Please note that adding courses to your worksheet does not
register you for courses). Sections that are closed will have a "C"
where the box to select the course would normally be. Repeat this
process until you have added all sections for which you would like to
- Step 5 - If there is no problem with the course sections you have selected, the page will now show your "Current Schedule." Review this schedule to make sure you are registered for all of the classes for which you intended, AND if any of the "Credits"
for your registered courses are highlighted in a different color, click
on that number to make adjustments. This means you have registered for a
variable unit course and you need to enter the correct number of units
you want to take. It will appear in a box under the course. If it is
correct as is, click "Submit Changes." If it is not, enter the correct number in the box and click "Submit Changes."