“Educating hearts and minds to change the world” is at the core of USF’s service values, and nothing embodies this value more than our Service Learning Program within the McLaren College of Management. This program gives you the opportunity to actively put your classroom learning to work by addressing the needs of our community and its citizens.
USF Office of Service Learning USF is uniquely positioned in a city known for innovative and world-renowned service organizations. The Service Learning Program mirrors this unique local culture while supporting USF’s mission to promote social justice and mold socially conscious adults.
In order to fulfill the University’s service learning requisite, you are required to complete a semester-long service learning course tailored to your major. Your professor for the course, in partnership with the community organization you choose to work with, will monitor your progress and ensure that you adhere to the following student responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional relationship with your community partner
- Abide by the time commitment
- Be on time
- Keep track of your service learning hours
- Be flexible and open minded
- Be open to engagement in participatory reflection exercises both in-class and on-site
- Dress appropriately
- Be respectful to everyone
- Ask for help when needed