Navigate the intersection of the public, private, and nonprofit sectors and develop workable solutions for the common good with a Master of Public Administration that will facilitate your exciting career in public management.
Our MPA program prioritizes hands-on experience that prepares you to address the public interest through the collection and analysis of evidence essential for implementing public service strategies. Translate theory into practice and begin implementing policy that supports your community. A flexible class schedule helps working professionals balance their busy lives, while small class sizes promote one-on-one attention and deeper relationship building.
Please note: second year fall courses for all campuses and all Health Services Administration concentration courses will be held in San Francisco
- Typical program length is 27 months, with 39 credits
- Attend class four hours one night a week OR eight hours every other Saturday
- Preferred but not required - two years of professional work experience, including internships
- Wide range of scholarship and financial aid options
- Offered at USF’s Downtown San Francisco (fall semester), Sacramento (fall semester), and San Jose (spring semester) campuses. Also offered in a 100% online format.
- Accredited by NASPAA, the foremost membership organization of graduate programs in public administration, public policy, public affairs, and public & nonprofit management in the US and around the world.
“The coursework in the MPA is incredibly relevant to the work I do -- the research, the analysis the ability to identify gaps and inefficiencies within welfare programs. Everything we learned has been so applicable. Thanks to the program and my cohort, I’m a more well-rounded professional.”
For more testimonials and videos visit our community page.