Develop a deeper understanding of nonprofit management as you investigate the political, economic, legal and social environments of nonprofit organizations. Home to the nation's first graduate degree in nonprofit administration, USF's program ensures you acquire the tools you need to strengthen your leadership abilities, identify ethical considerations and effect positive change.
The MNA program includes a variety of course activities and discussions with contemporary scholars and current leaders in California's nonprofit sector so that you may broaden your leadership and critical thinking skills. Develop the skills for success as an executive director, development director, or program/service leader at nonprofits ranging from the humanities, education, and religion to health, human services, and social change-oriented missions. Work alongside classmates who share in your professional ideals and aspirations while enjoying the challenges of a rigorous academic curriculum.
- Saturday classes* offered at USF’s Downtown San Francisco and San Jose campuses
- Small, seminar style classes to foster experiential learning and enriched conversation
- Classes begin every fall semester (San Francisco) and spring (San Jose)
- Wide range of scholarship and financial aid options
- Member of NACC, an international association comprised of accredited colleges and universities that focus on the study of nonprofit/nongovernmental organizations, voluntarism, and/or philanthropy
- View the sample course sequencing »
*A one year, full-time MNA is scheduled to launch in fall 2016. To stay up-to-date as we release information on its distinct curriculum and unique experiential learning opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I was a development director of a small nonprofit and now I work as a development director for one of the top universities in the country. I used to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars, now I raise millions of dollars. I certainly needed the degree to take me to this level. I am much more confident… I feel like there is no limit to what I can do."
For more testimonials and videos visit our community page.