Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:00 PM
This China Innovation Conference will seek to explore current developments in innovation policy in China and their application in the field of sustainable development. The aim of the conference is not only to understand developments within China, but to also encourage a mutual learning process for the community at large.
We are most honored to have a group of distinguished group of speakers and panelists who are industry leaders and experts to bring a wealth of real experience and insight to share their knowledge and interest regarding innovation and sustainability in China.
Keynote Speaker: Steve Westly, Managing Partner, the Westly Group & Former California State Controller
Moderator: Professor Shenzhao Fu, University of San Francisco
1. Dr. Robert Lee, Executive Director and Professor of the Center for Business Innovation & Globalization, Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen); Executive Chairman, Achievo Corp, San Ramon, CA.
2. Mr. Thomas M. Chin, International Director, Strategist for the Chic Group and the Managing Director of Chic Capital, Ltd in Shanghai. Tom was one of the original founders of the San Francisco Shanghai sisters committee. CHIIC Group is a pioneer of major agricultural reform projects in China.
3. Professor Roger Rongxin Chen, University of San Francisco
4. Kristen Durham, Global Gateway Director of SVB Financial Group, responsible for cross-border business development and client services in international markets. Prior to SVB, Durham was Vice President of Global Initiatives at the Bay Area Council (BAC) and a senior analyst with the BAC Economic Institute.
5. Dr. Jane Xu, IBM Distinguished engineer in IBM Watson Research Center. Jane is also a member of IBM's academy of technology, and credentials include WITI Hall of Frame, Formal CTO of IBM China System and Technology Lab, and Visiting Professor of Tongji University Shanghai.
1:00 - Welcome to the conference: USF student host
1:15 - Welcome from USF Administration
1:30 - KEYNOTE: Steve Westley
2:00 - Professor Stanley Kwong: Short Introduction of the conferences
Introduction of Panel Chair: Professor Fu
Professor Fu: Introduction of the Panelists:
Panelists will each give 10 mins talk
4:25 - Conference ends –
USF student host 5 mins
Announce the ending of the 1st part of the program
4:30 to 6:30 Networking party: Reception at FROMM