Application Requirements, Deadlines, and International Applicant Information
For information on tuition, scholarships, and financial aid, please review the Financing Your Education page.
USF welcomes applicants to the MGEM program from any North American, Central American and Middle Eastern country.
For applicants from any South American, European, and/or African Country, please apply to Institut Quimic de Sarria (IQS)
For applicants from any Asian or Oceanic Country, please apply to Fu Jen Catholic University
- Official Transcript(s) – Upload copies of transcripts from each accredited college or university attended to the online application. If admitted to the program, instructions for sending official, sealed transcripts will be provided. For transcripts from schools/universities outside of the U.S.A. – please refer to the International Applicants section below. MGEM applicants must have earned their undergraduate degree within the past three years.
- Résumé – Submit a current résumé demonstrating relevant work experience.
- Letters of Recommendation – Two letters of recommendation are required. At least one recommendation should come from a college professor who is well-acquainted with the applicant's academic capability. Enter the recommenders' email addresses directly into the online application for electronic submission. If the recommender must submit a hard copy letter by mail, please request that your recommender complete this form to include with his/her letter.
- Statement of Purpose or Essay – A 500 to 1000 word essay about yourself, your background, and your short- and long-term professional goals is required. Please be sure to address why you have decided to pursue this degree at the University of San Francisco. You may also want to include information about your family and personal interests.
- Passport – If you have a valid passport please upload a copy of the photo page to the application at this time. If you do not already have a passport or your passport is due to expire in the next 12 months, we strongly encourage you to apply or renew it as soon as possible. Please note, students may see delays in program onboarding and student visa processing without the submission of a valid passport.
- Interview – The University of San Francisco interviews are by invitation only. Should you be selected to interview, an invitation will be sent to the email account associated with your online application and will include all necessary details.
- English Proficiency – All applicants are required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score. Any applicant who has completed two or more years of a degree program at a higher education institution in the U.S.A., or any of the exempt countries listed in the International Applicants section below, is waived of this requirement.
||Tests Taken By
Have questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
USF welcomes applicants to the Master in Global Entrepreneurial Management (MGEM) program from any North American (including U.S. Permanent Residents), Central American, and Middle Eastern country.
In addition to the application requirements, international applicants must submit the following:
Proof of English Proficiency
Applicants who have completed two or more years of study or earned their undergraduate/graduate degree at an institution located in one of the countries listed in the Exempt Countries Table may be waived of the English proficiency requirement.
|Pearson Test of English Academic:
United States of America
Turks and Caicos Islands
Republic of the Marshall Islands
Federated States of Micronesia
Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands
Republic of Palau
Applicants who obtained their undergraduate or graduate degree(s) from an international (non-U.S.) institution must submit the following:
- Transcript(s) (academic record) in the original language of your institution.
- Official degree conferral certificate(s) indicating degree completion or expected date of completion.
- English version of transcript(s) and degree conferral certificate(s). A notarized English translation of your transcript/degree conferral certificate or evaluation by a credentials service is required if the university does not issue English language transcripts.
Once admitted to the program, all applicants must submit official, sealed transcripts. Instructions on how to send official, sealed transcripts will be provided at the time of admission. As such, it is important have official copies of transcript(s) and degree conferral certificate(s) available for submission.
Applicants who hold a valid passport should upload a copy with their application. Applicants who do not yet have a passport are welcome to apply to the MGEM program and are encouraged to concurrently apply for a passport.
Learn more about the international student experience at the USF School of Management.