Application Requirements, Deadlines, and International Applicant Information
For information on tuition, scholarships, and financial aid, please review the Financing Your Education page.
- Official Transcript(s) – Upload copies of transcripts from each accredited college or university attended to the online application. If admitted to the program, instructions for sending official, sealed transcripts will be provided. For transcripts from schools/universities outside of the U.S.A. – please refer to the International Applicants section below.
- Résumé – Submit a current résumé demonstrating a minimum of eight years post-undergraduate professional experience. Applicants must be employed in a full-time position at the time of application.
- Letters of Recommendation – Two letters of recommendation are required. Enter the email addresses of your recommenders directly into the online application for electronic submission. If the recommender must submit a hard copy letter by mail, please request that your recommender complete this form, to include with his/her letter.
- Statement of Purpose or Essay – Two essays are required, each 1-2 double-spaced pages, which respond to the following questions: *Tell us why you decided to apply for an executive MBA at this stage in your career. Who or what experience influenced you to apply for your MBA? * Evaluate your leadership and management skills, capabilities and talents as they stand today. What would your business partners, direct reports, and indirect reports say about you as a leader? What areas do you feel you could further develop?
- GMAT – For qualifying applicants the GMAT may be waived. Determination made on a case-by-case basis. Request a pre-assessment to find out if the GMAT will be waived for you.
- Interview - Applicants will be contacted for an interview once all application materials have been received by the Graduate Admissions Office
- Statement of Participation - Signed by employer which acknowledges support of the student while in the Executive MBA program.
- English Proficiency – All applicants are required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score. Any applicant who has completed two or more years of a degree program at a higher education institution in the U.S.A., or any of the exempt countries listed in the International Applicants section below, is waived of this requirement. Participation in the USF School of Management United States Business Communications and Culture program (USBCC) may be required of any applicant at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
- Application deadline for EMBA Priority Admit scholarship consideration: March 1, 2015
- Deadline: Rolling admissions process.
- Interview: 14 days after application is complete
- Deposit Date: 14 days after program acceptance
We are unable to admit any F-1-seeking international students to our Executive MBA program.
In addition to the application requirements, international applicants must submit the following:
Applicants who have completed two or more years of study or earned their undergraduate/graduate degree at an institution located in one of the countries listed in the Exempt Countries Table may be waived of the English proficiency requirement.
|Pearson Test of English Academic:
United States of America
Turks and Caicos Islands
Republic of the Marshall Islands
Federated States of Micronesia
Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands
Republic of Palau
Applicants who obtained their undergraduate or graduate degree(s) from an international (non-U.S.) institution must submit the following:
- Transcript(s) (academic record) in the original language of your institution.
- Official degree conferral certificate(s) indicating degree completion or expected date of completion.
- English version of transcript(s) and degree conferral certificate(s). A notarized English translation of your transcript/degree conferral certificate or evaluation by a credentials service is required if the university does not issue English language transcripts.
Once admitted to the program, all applicants must submit official, sealed transcripts. Instructions on how to send official, sealed transcripts will be provided at the time of admission. As such, it is important have official copies of transcript(s) and degree conferral certificate(s) available for submission.
International Skill Verification Services:
USF strongly recommends that candidates from China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam, undergo the International Skill Verification Services (ISVS) and the International Study Candidate Assessment Process (ISCAP).
You may participate in the ISCAP from any quiet, private location with a good Internet connection, such as a room in your home or office, using a laptop or desktop computer with a working camera and microphone. The ISCAP is a guided live interview-based process that requires no specific preparation. It is designed give universities a better sense of your spoken English and ad hoc English writing skills, as well as give you the opportunity to powerfully share who you are with us. Please schedule your assessment as soon as possible on the ISVS website and send your ISCAP report to the University of San Francisco School of Management upon completion.
Learn more about the international student experience at the USF School of Management.