Register as an Alumni Ambassador »
Alumni Ambassadors are USF School of Management’s most actively engaged and supportive alumni who volunteer as representatives, recruiters and spokespeople. The program is flexible, designed with busy professionals in mind. Alumni Ambassadors serve one-year terms, with the option of extending.
Alumni Ambassadors commit to:
- Be an advocate for the university and the school
- Respond to emails from fellow USF alumni, students and staff within 48 hours
- Participate in the Alumni Ambassador LinkedIn group - Be Active!
- Update their LinkedIn profile to accurately reflect degree, graduation year and select school as “University of San Francisco – School of Management”
- Communicate with your Alumni Coordinator to update contact information, volunteer preferences and career progression
- Attend Admissions and Student Clubs events when possible and speak with current and prospective students
Who are the School of Management Alumni Ambassadors?
- Graduates of the School of Management, which includes alumni of the following programs: BSBA, BSM, MBA, MSFA, MGEM, MSIS, MNA, MSOD, MPA
- Graduates of the former College of Professional Studies, College of Business, and former School of Management degree programs
- Currently Employed
- Live across the world, representing USF School of Management’s diverse alumni body and 9 unique programs
What do Alumni Ambassadors do?
Ambassadors can do any of the following by selecting which activities you are interested in when you apply.
- Lecture at an Event or to a Class: Share your expert knowledge with our students and alumni. Past speakers include Sabeen Ali, MSOD '09 '"Change The World Through Code"; Anne Kronenberg, MPA '02 "How A Career in the Public Sector Gets You To The Academy Awards"; Luis Alvarado, MSFA '12 "Forbes, Finance & USF", Jared Fliesler '06 "Going Square"
- Speak at an Admissions or Orientation Event: Speak to students about your experience at USF. Sit on an alumni panel or answer questions in a smaller breakout session. Events include Open Houses, Orientations, Information Sessions, Student Club Meetups.
- Volunteer at a Graduate Fair: Accompany an Admissions Counselor to a trade-show style Graduate School Fair in your region. Speak with prospective students about your USF student experience and what it's like living in 'the best city ever'. Fairs across California, the USA, and internationally.
- Be Profiled in our Brochures and on our Website: Be featured in our program brochures and on our website. See Alumni Profiles.
- Mentor a Future Student: Staff will reach out to you on occasion and ask to connect you with someone who is considering studying at USF School of Management, and who would benefit from hearing your alumni perspective. We help you schedule a 20-40 minute call. Talk to them about your student experience and how your program enhanced your career.
- Call to Welcome Admitted Students: Call a list of Admitted Students in your region and welcome them to USF School of Management.
- Act as a Cohort Representative: Communicate upcoming events and opportunities to your cohort via email and social media.
- Host an informative Tour at your Company: Past events and tours at Kiva, the Gates Foundation, Fair Trade USA, Federal Reserve Bank. Plus it's a great way for free marketing and recruiting at your company!
- Host an Admissions Information Session: You book the room and invite your colleagues. We bring the food and an Admissions Counselor to present on our programs.
- Hire Students for an Internship or Consulting Project: Students have worked for BlackRock, The Clorox Company, Kiva.org, SOL REPUBLIC, PayPal.
What are some additional perks of being an Alumni Ambassador?
Alumni Ambassadors are part of the school’s inner circle. They are first to be considered in accompanying the Dean, Faculty and Staff to represent USF at exclusive events.
Past events include:
- Bay Area Outlook Council Conference
- Professional Business Women of California (PBWC) Conference
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce CityBeat Breakfast
- An Evening with Former Mayor, Frank Jordan '75
- Financial Women of San Francisco Awardee Luncheon
- United Way Annual Gala
- USF Women in Leadership and Philanthropy Symposium
Register as a SOM Alumni Ambassador »