To fulfill federal, city, and university requirements for America Reads, please use the following list and instructions: (Please note that that all America Reads tutors must complete the following steps before becoming eligible to work.)
1. Have federal work study.
2. Submit an online application.
3. Complete an I-9 Form. Go to One Stop (LM 251).
4. Obtain a Work Study Clearance Forms. Request at One Stop (LM 251). After receiving the form via email, sign it electronically and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Submit Livescan/Fingerprinting Results. Each tutor working in the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) must be fingerprinted at the beginning of every academic year. To do this, please do the following:
• Call Miriam Rodriguez at 415-241-6101 ex. Human Resources to set up a Livescan appointment. Please make sure to mention that you are a literacy volunteer with the America Reads program at USF. Your appointment will be located at:
SFUSD Human Resources
555 Franklin Street,
San Francisco, CA 94012
• Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time with the following items:
a. A valid, government-issued photo ID.
b. Social Security Card.
• Call back in 4 business days to receive results and return results Cowell 215.
• The test costs $51.00; please save your receipt, as you will be reimbursed by America Reads if you are hired.
6. Submit TB Test Results. If you have results of a current TB test (completed within the last 3 years), you may fax it to the Learning & Writing Center at (415) 422-2194. If you need a TB test, please do the following:
• Call the USF Student Health Clinic at (415) 750-4980 to make an appointment.
• Once they give you the test, you must return to the Clinic in three days to have the test read. Note: do not make an appointment on a Wednesday or a Thursday, as your test will not be able to be read on the weekend.
7. Attend an America Reads Information Session, at the beginning of the Spring 2013 semester to find out more info. The time and location are TBA.
8. Attend weekly America Reads course, time and location TBA.
For questions, please contact Terri Cecchine at 415-422-5095 or via email at email@example.com .