World Scholar: Latin America & the Caribbean breaks new ground in the publishing world by bringing together in a single place a rich collection of primary source documents about Latin America and the Caribbean; academic journals and news-feeds covering the region; reference articles and commentary; maps and statistics; audio and video; and much more.
World Scholar covers topics such as politics, economics, religion, culture, international affairs, the environment, science, and technology. The topics are presented on a country and continent level, offering deep contextualization of the subjects under discussion.
Delve into over 1.3 million pages of historical material from archives in the United States and Europe. The historical collections available through World Scholar provide original manuscripts, signed letters, expedition records, reports, maps, diaries, descriptions of voyages, ephemera, and more from sources such as:
- Bauza Maps and Manuscripts Collection
- Brazil's Popular Groups, 1966-1986
- Coleccion De Documentos Ineditos Relativos Al Descubrimiento, Conquista Y Organizacion De Las Antiguas Posesiones Espanolas De America Y Oceania. — Madrid : M.B. de Quyros, 1864-1884
- Conquistadors: The Struggle for Colonial Power in Latin America, 1492-1825
- Latin American History and Culture: An Archival Record, Series 1: The Yale University Collection of Latin American Manuscripts, Parts 1-7
- Latin American and Iberian biographies
- Mexican and Central American Political and Social Ephemera
- Papers of Agustin de Iturbide, 1799-1880
The content-rich Topic pages in World Scholar bring together a variety of specially selected, highly relevant sources to provide context through authoritative subject overviews, primary sources, studies and reports, academic journals, multimedia, and more. Vetted by our advisory board, the editorially-crafted Topic pages cover countries in the region (e.g. Chile), people (e.g. Hugo Chavez, Simón Bolívar), commerce and industry (e.g. Petroleum Industry), history (e.g. Archaeology), politics (e.g. China-Latin American Relations), and more.
In addition to the Topic pages, World Scholar contains thousands of other, diverse resources that comprehensively cover the breadth of Latin America and the Caribbean.