Phone: 415 422-6167
Gleeson Library | Geschke Center, including the Branch Campus
libraries, primarily provides support to academic programs by making
available the broadest possible array of learning and information
resources for instruction and research support. Its role is further
defined by the expression of specific objectives:
make available the books, periodicals, government publications, and
other library materials necessary for conducting a successful
- To build a competent library staff to service and interpret collections.
- To provide the physical facilities and equipment that will assist in the use of collections.
- To assist and cooperate with faculty members in their varied instructional and research programs.
- To encourage students to develop information literacy: critical thinking and lifelong learning skills.
offer a program of library service that will meet and exceed the
requirements and standards of the various professional associations and
- To integrate the library program with local, regional,
national, and international library resources to create a "virtual
- To provide selected services to special non-instructional constituencies.