How to Register for Classes Online
Students should familiarize themselves with the step-by-step USF Connect registration procedures below. Procedures include: adding and dropping courses, adding yourself to the wait-list of a closed course, and online registration troubleshooting.
Step 1: Preparation
Before beginning the registration process, please consult the registration policies and procedures to ascertain your registration date and ensure that you have read all of the registration information and procedures.
Step 2: Log In
Step 3: Register
- Click on the "Student" tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the "click here" link in the Student Self-Service section.
- Select "Registration"
- Select the term for which you are registering, and click "Submit."
- There are 2 ways to register for courses
- Option A: Via the Drop/Add Classes Link
Select "Drop and Add Classes". Enter the 5 digit CRN number (which can be found on the Schedule of Classes posted on the Law School web site) and click the "Add" "Submit." This is the quickest way to register.
- Option B: If you do not have the CRN number click on "Look up Classes" and select the term. Select the subject as "Law". Indicate the options you want from the list and click on "Class Search." Repeat this process until you have added all sections for which you would like to register.
- Scroll down and read any messages. You may need to make adjustments.
(i.e. if the course is closed you will need to follow the Wait List instructions below to physically add yourself to the Wait List. Students ARE NOT automatically added to a Wait List. If you receive a notice of a hold you will need to clear the hold before you will be eligible to register. Any outstanding fee hold notices must be cleared through One Stop by calling: 415-422-2020).
On the registration menu, click on "Drop and Add Classes."
For the classes you wish to drop, under Action select "Drop."
Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
Adding Yourself to a Closed Course's Wait List
If you are unable to enroll in a
course because all seats have been taken you may place yourself on a wait list.
To add yourself to the wait-list:
- If you are trying to add a course that is closed it
will indicate that it is closed and you may see a box that says
- IN ORDER TO ADD YOURSELF TO THE WAIT LIST YOU MUST
SELECT "Wait-list" in the
drop down box next to the course AND,
- Select "Make Changes or "Save
Changes" in order to add yourself to the Wait List
- Verify that you have correctly added yourself to the Wait
List by checking to see if this course appears with the other registered
classes with the notation “wait-listed”.
IF IT DOESN’T, then you have
not correctly added yourself to the Wait List.
If you have correctly added yourself to the Wait List, the course will appear on your schedule with the other registered classes with the notation "wait-listed" next to the course.
*NOTE: We cannot make any wait list order changes for a student who failed to correctly add a wait-listed course to their schedule.
The Wait List seat order and seat offer instructions are posted on the Law Registrar's web page.
If you receive a message that states "Log-in Expired":
- Close all windows in your browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer etc.) and start over.
- This can be caused by double-clicking links and/or using the Back Button.
If you cannot register for the class you want:
- You made need a pre-requisite, check the Schedule of Classes.
- You may have a time conflict with another course
- You may need permission to register, e.g. for a clinic.
- The class may be closed.
Bills will be sent via email to your USF Connect email address. Please check this account frequently, as it is the primary method that the law school uses to communicate with students.