PILF Annual Gala
PILF’s primary fundraising event, the PILF Annual Gala, is one of the signature events at the USF School of Law.
The Public Interest Law Foundation (PILF) hosts an evening of celebration and fundraising to enable USF Law students to commit to summer positions at organizations focused on
addressing gaps in our justice system. The annual event brings together students, alumni, faculty, staff, and members of the legal community to support the next generation of public interest lawyers. Last year’s Auction raised over $40,000. This amount, plus matching funds contributed by the School of Law and money raised through the Donate-a-Day Summer Pledge Program, PILF was able to provide twenty students with $4,000 grants to work in unpaid, full-time public interest positions in summer 2013.
The PILF Auction features vacation packages, spa retreats, cruise tickets, sporting
memorabilia, fine jewelry and services (and more!) donated by local and national
businesses, local law firms and members of the USF Law community. With a silent
auction, live auction, hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and entertainment, the Auction is a
festive event. The Auction also provides an opportunity for the law school to recognize
an individual or organization that has contributed significantly to the struggle for
equality, peace and justice with the USF PILF Award for Public Interest Excellence.
Past USF PILF Public Interest Excellence Award recipients include:
- 2004: Mayor Gavin Newsom
- 2005: Maria Blanco, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area
- 2006: Kate Kendell, National Center for Lesbian Rights
- 2007: Elizabeth Cabraser, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
- 2008: Shannon Minter, National Center for Lesbian Rights & Therese Stewart, San Francisco Chief Deputy City Attorney
- 2009: Hon. Carlos R. Moreno, Supreme Court of California
- 2010: Eva Paterson, President of the Equal Justice Society
- 2011: Victor Hwang, Assistant District Attorney, San Francisco
- 2012: David Boies, Chairman of Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP.
- 2013: Hon. Tani Cantil-Sakauye, Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court
2013 PILF Annual Gala
Become a PILF Sponsor
A variety of benefits, including advertising, on-site promotion, and event tickets, are available to PILF sponsors. Sponsorship opportunities are available at both the corporate and individual levels. You may also make a direct donation to PILF online
. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2013 USF Law PILF Gala Auction & Award Ceremony will be held at Kendrick Hall at the School of Law on Friday, November 8.
Please note: Discounted pre-registration online for the event ends at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 6. Tickets for the event will be available at the door.
5:30 p.m. Doors open and Silent Auction Begins
6:30 p.m. Award Ceremony and Speaking Program
7 p.m. Live Auction
Ticket Prices at the Door:
Law Firm Professionals: $45
Public Interest/Public Sector Professionals: $25
General Admission: $25
Law Students: $15
To become a corporate or individual sponsor, contact email@example.com.