Ronald E. Wheeler
Director of the Dorraine Zief Law Library and Associate Professor
Associate Professor Ronald E. Wheeler serves as director of the Dorraine Zief Law Library. Wheeler, a recognized leader in the area of legal research instruction, teaches Advanced Legal Research and the research and writing seminar Queer Legal Scholarship.
Wheeler’s scholarship focusing on legal research techniques, legal research instruction, and algorithm-driven search engines has gained him national attention, and he is often called on to speak on teaching innovation and other legal research related topics. He is also a well-known speaker and author on law library management.
Wheeler is a member of the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), the Northern California Association of Law Libraries, and the AALL Western Pacific Chapter. He has served on the AALL Executive Board, and he currently serves on the AALL Academic Law Libraries Special Interest Section's Bylaws Committee. Wheeler also serves on the Executive Committee of the Society of Academic Law Library Directors.
- BBA, University of Michigan - Dearborn
- JD, University of Michigan
- MLIS, Wayne State University
- Assistant Director of the Law Library, University of New Mexico School of Law
- Associate Director of the Law Library, Georgia State University College of Law
- Lawyers of Color's 50 Under 50 list, 2014
- American Association of Law Libraries Leadership Development Award, 2005
- American Association of Law Libraries Standing Committee on Lesbian and Gay Issues Alan Holoch Memorial Grant, 2002
- American Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting Grant, 2002