Jesse W. Markham Jr.
Marshall P. Madison Professor of Law
Professor Jesse W. Markham Jr. is a leading antitrust practitioner who has guided the antitrust departments of Holme Roberts & Owen, Morrison & Foerster, and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe. He has also served as an antitrust prosecutor in California and Massachusetts. He is a contributing author to Antitrust Dispute Resolution (2007) and California Antitrust Law (First, Second, and Third Editions, plus forthcoming), and the author of numerous articles in scholarly and bar publications. Prior to joining the faculty full time, he served as an adjunct professor since 1992 and lectured at both the Haas Business School and Boalt Hall School of Law at UC Berkeley. Markham also practiced corporate law in Paris, France, with the firm now known as Clifford Chance.
- BA, Harvard University
- MA, University of Massachusetts
- JD, Vanderbilt University
- Partner and Co-Chair of Antitrust Practice Group, Holme Roberts &
- Partner and Chair of Antitrust and Competition Group, Morrison &
- Deputy Attorney General, California
- Deputy Attorney General, Massachusetts
- Intensive Advocacy Faculty Member, Stanford University
- Ira A. Brown Distinguished Adjunct Professor Award, University of San
Francisco School of Law, 2006.
- Chambers USA Leading Antitrust Lawyers, 2003-2006.
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2006.
- Marquis Who’s Who in American Law, 2006-2007.
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2005-2007.