Clean Technology Symposium
Addressing the impending climate crisis will require the rapid development and dissemination of alternative clean energy technologies.
Phone: (415) 422-5896
Fax: (415) email@example.com
On Friday, October, 1, the University of San Francisco School of Law will convene a symposium addressing two of the key legal issues that could impact technology diffusion: intellectual property rules and utility regulation.
Recognizing the strong connection between utility regulation and technology development, one panel will assess California utility policies’ impact on distributed generation resources, like wind and solar power. The next two panels will focus on intellectual property. Acknowledging the potential tension between the goals of technology innovation and technology diffusion, one panel will address existing and alternative intellectual property rules in the domestic context. The next panel will consider the role of intellectual property rules in international technology transfer to developing countries, a transfer that is critical to achieving global emissions reductions.
- American Bar Association Section of Science and Technology Law
- Bar Association of San Francisco Barristers Club—Environmental, Land Use, and Real Estate Section
- Berkeley Energy and Resources Collaborative
- California State Bar Environmental Law Section
- Cleantech Law Partners
- Energy Bar Association
- McCarthy Institute for IP and Technology Law
- USF Intellectual Property Law Bulletin
- USF Environmental Law Society
View Larger Map
University of San Francisco, Fromm Hall
2130 Fulton St., San Francisco, CA 94117
MCLE Credit (5 Units)
This activity has been approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California in the amount of 5 credit hours. The USF School of Law is an approved provider of MCLE and certifies that these activities conform to the standards approved for educational activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing Minimum Continuing Legal Education.
- General Registration with CLE - $75
- Registration with CLE for Bar Association of San Francisco Bar Members - $50
- General Registration - $50
- USF Law Alumni Registration with CLE - $40
- Non-USF Law Students - $15
- Pre-Registered USF Law Students, Faculty, and Staff with Valid ID - No fee
Tucker Cottingham and Tom Bone
Professor Alice Kaswan