CIT Tech Intensives
This June, the CIT is sponsoring a three-day tech intensive program to introduce instructional technologies to full-time and adjunct faculty. The goal of program is to provide an opportunity for faculty to learn about technologies that may address an instructional challenge experienced in one or more courses.
Twenty faculty will be selected. Participants will receive an iPad (16 GB) or iPad mini (32 GB) in exchange for their participation. Faculty participants agree to attend three consecutive days of training, 10am-3pm, June 4-6 OR June 11-13, as well as lunchtime gatherings in August and December (luncheon dates to be determined in June). Workshop and luncheon participation is mandatory. Failure to attend one workshop or luncheon warrants the return of the iPad to the CIT. Completion of the program transfers ownership of the iPad to the faculty member.
- Introduction to the iPad
- Apps for productivity
- Apps for the classroom
- Introducing the Flipped Classroom
- Technologies for assessment
- USF's Learning Management System
- Classroom recording systems
- iTunes University
- eTextbooks for the classroom
1) Attendance at June workshops and August & December luncheons.
2) Evidence in a syllabus of the use of technology to address a current issue or challenge impacting student learning and success. The course should be offered during the fall 2013 semester.
3) Participants return in August for a 2-hour luncheon to present how they intend to incorporate technology in their fall course.
4) Faculty return in December to share the results of technology use during the fall semester.
Apply To Participate. Applications are due before May 1st.
Select the dates you will attend:
Question: Explain a current instructional challenge you are experiencing in a course. Discuss how the use of technology may address and/or resolve the challenge. Please include your course title.
Select which iPad model you would like to receive (please check the Apple Store for more information on the iPad models):