iPad3 Innovative Teaching Program: Thinking Outside the Box to Advance Teaching and Learning
This summer the CIT is sponsoring an iPad3 program to work with 12 full and part-time faculty on rethinking a course to include innovative teaching practices that incorporate technology, with the iPad as the primary tool.
Faculty participants commit to attending three 4-hour workshops (one meeting per month; 12-hours total) during the months of June, July and August. The monthly workshops are offered twice per month to accommodate time away and vacation schedules. Workshop attendance is mandatory. Failure to attend one workshop per month warrants the iPad being returned to the CIT. Completion of workshops transfers ownership of the iPad to the faculty member.
- Learning how to operate an iPad
- Apps for the classroom
- Apps for multimedia learning
- Innovative teaching using the iPad
- Social media in education
- Using Blackboard on the iPad
- Designing instruction on the iPad
- Apps for collaboration
- iBooks Author and eTextbooks
1) Attendance at monthly meetings. 2) Evidence in a syllabus or other course artifact of innovative approaches to teaching with the iPad that were implemented in a course offered during the fall 2012 semester. 3) Participants return in December for a CIT luncheon to share how the iPad was used in your course.
Apply to participate April 2nd through April 16th.
Select the three dates you will attend:
How do you envision using the iPad to innovate in your classroom? Please include your course title.