Tip of the Month: Submitting Assignments
Instead of collecting paper assignments in class and taking it home,
have you considered students submitting their assignments online via
Canvas? There are several types of assignments that can be submitted
Advantages of using assignments:
- You can set up dates and times for deadlines.
- You can correct papers in
Canvas using Speedgrader or download all submissions onto your computer
to correct and upload them back into Canvas.
- Students will get a confirmation of their submissions.
- Students can re-submit their assignment.
Tips for creating an assignment:
- Change the Submission Type to Online because by default it is No submission.
- Specify the items you are accepting for an assignment i.e. Text entry, file upload, etc.
- Show students how to submit their assignments before the first assignment in class.
- Be sure to write clear directions on how to submit assignments in the assignment description.
New navigation item added to Canvas: USF Resources
The USF Resources tab is located in the global navigation next to Calendar. Here you will find links to the USF Library and Help with Canvas.