I. Canvas Help Resources:
Canvas for Faculty -
Canvas for Students -
II. Canvas Online Training:
- Lynda.com- The Up and Running with Canvas in Lynda.com offers USF faculty and staff an interactive and structured way to learn Canvas. Before you get started, download the Lynda.com Canvas getting Started guide (PDF). This guide will help you navigate the Lynda.com site and help you use it with our USF instance of Canvas.
III. Canvas In- Person Training:
Register online to attend any of the following classes: http://www.usfca.edu/its/learning/training/register/
- Canvas 01: Essentials - A two hour, hands-on, instructor-led session where participants will explore their own Canvas courses, learn to modify their personal settings,add a course syllabus, add and link to content, and structure their course using pages and modules. Participants will also be introduced to assignments and grading in Canvas.
- Canvas 02: Course Builder 101 - This 1.5 hour workshop builds on concepts introduced in the Canvas 01: Essentials workshop. It is a hands-on, instructor led session focusing on practicing activities of basic course building. We will review the concepts of pages and modules, dig deeper into assignments and grading and explore ways Canvas promotes collaboration and interactivity. Participants are encouraged to brings materials with which they can use to build out their course. Participants may also request a sandbox or test course to experiment with during the workshop.
- Canvas 00: Comprehensive - This is a four hour, hands on, instructor led session including lunch. It combines topics from the Canvas 1: Essentials and The Canvas 02: Course Builder 101 workshops. Jumpstart your own Canvas learning in one intensive class.
- Canvas Open Lab: A one to two hour open labs for instructors to come and ask questions and get more individualized help. Do you have a Canvas question? Come to Canvas Open Lab and work with Canvas Trainers in an open lab environment alongside other Canvas users. No appointment is necessary.