If your are a student, please refer to the documents below. They will help you get started and give you the basics to configure your Canvas environment and participate in your Canvas courses.
Access and Password
- You can access Canvas via your USFconnect account at http://connect.usfca.edu/ 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once on the Connect page, select the Learning Technologies tab, then select the Canvas icon.
- Your Canvas password is synchronized with your USFconnect password. Use the USF Connect password change or reset tools to change your password (reset for students only). If you do not know your USFconnect username and password, contact the ITS Help Desk at 415-422-6668 or in person. Service hours and locations.
These web guides highlight features you will use most often in Canvas. If you would prefer a more comprehensive orientation to Canvas, please see the Canvas Orientation Course from Instructure.
- Navigating the User Dashboard -What do I see when I login? web
- Viewing my Courses web
- Navigating in my Course web
Setting up Your Canvas for the First Time
- Accessing changing my Profile and Personal Settings web | video
- Setting how and when I wished to be notified within Canvas web
- Connecting to outside services like Google and Linkedin? web
Participating in a Course
- Submitting an online assignment web
- Finding my grades web
- Viewing comments and paper annotations from Instructors web
- Viewing my Calendar? web
- Accessing the Conversations (email) Inbox web
- Ensuring I get emails from my instructor right away web
- Replying to a Discussion? web
What if I cannot access my Courses?
Make sure that you are registered for the course in Banner, the USF student information system. It may take a few hours for Banner to sync with Canvas Please check also with your instructor ensure they have made the course available by Publishing it.
Why Can't I see Embedded Videos and Websites Posted by my Instructor? They Show as Blank.
Some browsers, such as Firefox or Chrome restrict the viewing content within Canvas that does not come from a website showing the https in the URL. To enable viewing of this content please follow the steps outlined in the document below
Using Canvas on: Android | iPhone and iPad
- What do I Specify for the USF Canvas Server Address?
Please use: usfca.instructure.com
Should you have any questions about Canvas, please email us at email@example.com.